November 8th, 2021
The pandemic taught us that travel is a privilege that we were taking for granted. Now people travel with more intention and purpose. They take trips to build positive memories, chase dreams and engage in unique experiences that are destination specific.
The good news is the travel, tourism, and hospitality industry is experiencing strong global growth with positive signs of recovery as people’s confidence in travel grows. Research shows that the top factors driving travel decisions remain much the same.
- Growing vaccination rates has increased traveler confidence resulting in earlier bookings, longer search windows, and more interest in urban markets and international destinations.
- The shift from over-tourism to sustainable travel continues with an increase in searches for eco-friendly vacation rentals, destinations, and brands that align with the core values of the guest. Recent research shows nearly three in five travelers are prepared to pay more for a sustainable trip, and eco-friendly rental with immersive local experiences.
2021 Phocuswright Conference
As we set our sights on emerging from the pandemic, we need to collaborate with like-minded industry professionals to build brands that align with the future travel trends. The Phocuswright Conference brings together the travel and tourism industry leaders and delivers a fresh new perspective for innovators and newcomers alike. The Conference, put on by Phocuswright, the world’s most respected travel industry research authority and events brand, takes place November 15-17 at The Diplomat Beach Resort situated between Miami and Fort Lauderdale.
What to Expect at the Phocuswright Conference
The theme for the 2021 Phocuswright Conference is “Travel’s Renaissance.” Focusing on the challenges we face as an industry, the Conference looks to be a platform for healthy debates and smart insights on how to jumpstart a genuine modern-day renaissance of travel.
- Returning to in-person conferences and face-to-face networking has been a highlight for many this year. The 2021 Phocuswright Conference has an impressive lineup of speakers and the world’s most influential travel leaders scheduled on the Center Stage. These industry experts will share insights, inspire interactive debates, and equip businesses with strategies and solutions that align with the road ahead for the travel, tourism, and hospitality sector.
- Attendees will gain a wealth of knowledge (and new connections) during networking round tables with experts and analysts. There will be additional time to talk to colleagues at breakout sessions, cocktail parties, and happy hour by the pool.
- At the Young Leaders Summit and Startup Program, Phocuswright brings together an elite group of rising stars and entrepreneurs to inspire and equip the next generation of travel industry leaders.
- The Exhibitor Showcase highlights innovative new start-ups, trends, and technologies accelerating digital transformation in travel and changing the travel and tourism landscape.
At the end of the day, it’s all about how you make your guests feel and the ultimate guest experience your brand offers at each touchpoint.
GuestX Podcast hosts Matt Loney and Brian Hamaoui will be onsite at the 2021 Phocuswright Conference capturing the best insights and interviewing speakers. Sign up to make sure to catch all their podcasts.